Saturday, October 4, 2008

SO much better...

So like Paul said I've started back at Kohl's and I can't express how much better it is. Not dreading going to work is much less stressful. Everyone is excited to see me back and lots of people have already told me I'm doing an awesome job. A couple of things the other place lacked.

Since I told them I'd work anywhere and have open availability I've been placed in a couple of areas that are totally new to me. Even though that means I have to learn lots of new things its actually kinda fun because I'm doing something different almost everyday so things won't get boring. I helped the design person for a couple days and that was the most fun so far. I got to set up towel and dish displays which is fun.

Hour wise I'm doing pretty good. This week I wasn't even on the schedule and I got more than 30 hours so between this and Burger King I'll be doing great. Plus since Black Friday (yikes!) and Christmas are coming up hours at Kohls will be plentiful.

Speaking of Burger King I start there hopefully this coming week because they don't make their schedule for the next week until the day before the old one runs out. Last time I was in though the Assistant Manager offered to make me a manager, which would be awesome. After Christmas hours at both places are hard to get but as a manager they could offer me 40 hours especially if I do a good job. So I'll work hard the next few months and hopefully get lots of hours after Christmas.

In general I'm just glad to be done at the other place. It is sad because I love working with kids and it stings a little not to be doing that. But the place I was at was cutting me down and just crushing my spirit so I knew it was time to get out. Its taking some time to rebound because a lot of what they said hurt. I'm getting over it though. My amazing husband keeps telling me that I'm great despite what they think and everyone at Kohls is telling me I'm doing great so I'll get there soon.

I'm hoping to still work with kids until I get another job in a school. I want to work at our church in the kids program and talk to a couple teachers I know in the area to see if I can volunteer in their classrooms. So I won't be totally out of the loop when I got to interview for jobs.

So basically I'm doing great and am so much happier. Thanks for everyone's support.

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

i think you're great too. and i subscribed using google so maybe your posts will show up in my email...

Nancy said...

So glad things are running more smoothly for you. Romans 8:28. Between Kohl's and Burger King you will keep very busy. Keep up the good work - so proud of you.
Grandma T.