Sunday, February 22, 2009

Code Sprint

Yesterday I participated in the ACCA programming competition at North Central College in Naperville, IL. I've never been to one before, and on top of that I was placed in the advanced division. After finding out that we were only allowed to use one computer, we decided that we were going to have to solve most of these problems by hand--ouch. With 7 problems for our 4-man team to solve, we split up the problems starting with one for each of us. After 110 minutes, Adan was able to write up some quick and dirty code and submit one of the programs--that was the only one out of seven we completed all day... I ended up working the entire 4 hour period on one program on paper :-p.

It was kinda depressing actually. The team from Wheaton College was able to complete and submit all seven problems. I guess we've still got a lot to learn... haha...

No comments: